Wednesday, August 20, 2014

hudson days

I know I said I would do a proper introductory post, but university starts up for me in exactly a week and I've been using the last few weeks of summer to see my friends and go on adventures. I also started working at Gypsy Warrior last week, so my time has greatly been divided between boarding and sitting back with my friends, and working and preparing for uni. The end of summer has definitely caught up to me, I saw a friend for the last time until break tonight. It's weird thinking that this might be the last year that we'll all be around to hang out and 'have a summer.' It bummed me out a little bit but the months after coming back from studying abroad had been a blessing to me and I couldn't be happier of a good majority of the last couple of months.



My friends and I always complain that there's nothing to do around where we live, but we're in such a prime location in terms of small villages and being in such close proximity to the tri-state area, and of course the City. One of the adventures that I've been on in the last few weeks was going to this small town near me called Piermont, which rests right on the Hudson River. It was super lovely that day, and even being by a body of water, we barely felt a breeze.


outfit details: headband; diy \\top; pacsun \\ skirt; american apparel \\ socks; unknown \\ sandals; kohls // belt + bag; vintage \\ anklets; misc 

I hadn't worn this mini-dress in long, and I thought today would be the perfect day to wear it out. I consider it my 'life dress,' as momentous moments have happened while I wore this dress. I've had it since I was in high school, and it's so worn out and faded and warped I should probably throw it out. It's a dress that much has happened in though, and it's still really cute, albeit worn. The back has a cute cut out detail, and it's really really short. If I were built differently, it would be a shirt or I'd at least need safety shorts for sure. I paired it with this older American Apparel chambray-like skirt, and my go-to vintage belt and bag. The kitty ears are an old DIY that has seen many drunk occasions and actually need to be fixed. I absolutely adore them though, and when I studied abroad I was heartbroken until my mom was able to send me them in the post.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of content I should post about on each of my blogs, but until then, I posted more about this day on my joint-blog, The Lost Girls. You can read about my thoughts on film as well as a little bit more about my day here if you're interested in that. I'm getting ready for uni to start so I have a couple of ideas of posts coming up. Watch this space, thank you for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment